When your Fitbit goes off while you are working out or fails to register a brilliant night's sleep, it can be very annoying. In this article, we explore a comprehensive tutorial on how to extend your Fitbit's battery life
Batteries will always deteriorate after some time, which is a sad reality every tech lover has to deal with. However, there are a few settings that can be modified if you want to get the best out of your fitness tracker and we can help with some of them.
1. Switch to a simple watch face
Your Fitbit's watch face will have a tangible effect on its battery. A more demanding screen will surely make it unable to last long. See how to rectify that by using a simple watch face:
1. Ensure the Fitbit application is download and paired to your device.
2. In the application, click your profile picture in the top-left corner. 3. Click "Clock Faces." Choose "All Clocks." 4. From here, you can browse the clock faces Fitbit has available. If you did not know, brighter faces will have a higher impact on your battery. You should also stay away from designs with animations or the ones that persistently use Wi-Fi. Go for something dark and dull. 5. Tap "Select" on the watch face of your choice. You will most likely have to permit it to use the internet and run background processes before installation can happen. 6. As soon as the face is downloaded, check your Fitbit screen, it will be there.
2. Turn Off Notifications
Feeling your Fitbit buzz whenever you receive a phone call or SMS is comfortable for some owners, but not everyone will fancy this functionality. If you wish to make your Fitbit's battery last longer, you have to disable notifications that you do not want. See how:
1. Tap the profile icon in the app.
2. Choose your device and then "Notifications" 3. Toggle your notification categories to taste. 4. Choose "App Notifications" to block notifications from applications that send notifications to your iOS device like Messenger or WhatsApp.
3. Dim The Screen
A bright screen can make the touchscreen Fitbit overwork itself. Dimming it is necessary in cases like this. See how
1. On your phone's screen, scroll left until "Settings." is seen. Choose that. 2. Swipe to "Brightness." Click that button to cycle through brightness levels. Continue clicking until you see "Dim."
This can also be done in Quick Settings. Scroll down on your Fitbit and click the icon on the far right, (It resembles a set of toggle buttons.)
There you have it – a comprehensive tutorial on how to extend your Fitbit's battery life. If you have any questions as regards this tutorial, feel free to drop them in the comment section below.