Topping up your prepaid mobile airtime can be a hassle, especially when on the go with limited access to physical cash and/or retailers.
Topping up your prepaid mobile airtime can be a hassle, especially when on the go with limited access to physical cash and/or retailers. However, as a PayPal user, you can recharge your mobile phone easily at no additional fees directly through your PayPal Account.
Although there are many websites in Nigeria that allow residents to buy recharge cards online and pay with their bank debit cards, I think this will serve as an alternative platform, also it is to send airtime credit to anyone in almost any country in the world.
PayPal is one of the top online transaction platforms where people can easily purchase items from anywhere in the world via their PayPal account. Despite the restriction, about 55% of Nigerians have made purchases in the past 12 months via PayPal and PayPal ranked Nigeria as the 3rd highest mobile shopper worldwide in the year 2016.
As an active member of this blog, I assumed you have got a reliable PayPal account that can send and received payment. With your South Africa PayPal Account, you are good to go with your Nigeria IP address, you can send and receive money from anywhere in the world, you are free to purchase anything online. With your South Africa PayPal account, you have nothing to fear.
I'm glad to inform you that you can now transfer your South Africa PayPal funds to other South Africa PayPal users. The restriction has lifted. In case you don't own a South Africa PayPal Account, Get one here.
I have articulated a couple of merchants that are tested and trusted for you to purchase airtime for any mobile phone in the world and make payments with Paypal Account. Nigerian networks are not excluded with support for the four major networks (MTN, Etisalat, Glo, and Airtel).
How Does it Work?
Recharging your prepaid mobile phone airtime using PayPal Dollar is a very simple and straightforward process once you identify a reputable online merchant. Mostly all you have to do is to choose your country, enter a phone number, select your network operator (MTN, Etisalat, Glo or Airtel), select amount and make the payment. The required amount will be deducted from your PayPal Balance and your mobile number will receive the Airtime Voucher.
Below is a list of online mobile airtime retail merchants accepting PayPal. These online retailers offer a global service and are available from any part of the world once you can access the internet.
1. Recharge: What I found most striking about this site wasn't its beautiful interface, but their offering of PayPal as a payment option. With Recharge you can refill your own credit and that of your friends and family worldwide. Currently, selling credit from over 400 carriers in more than 140 countries. Simply access the site via https://recharge.com
To use Recharge to send airtime to someone in Nigeria, follow these steps:
- On the homepage, choose Nigeria in country menu
- Enter the phone number and click 'continue'
- Select network provider of choice
Orders range from $1- $60. A dollar is converted to N343.35. The same Naira amount (N343.35) converts to Euro at €0.89 and Great Britain Pound at £0.79.
- Choose an order
- Select PayPal as a payment option and enter the billing address.
- Log in to your PayPal account to make the payment and your airtime will be sent to you once the payment is successful.
2. MobileRecharge: It is a US based company that allows people to buy airtime recharge for mobile phones around the world. MobileRecharge has already covered over a 135 countries and have been operating for 13 years. Simply access the site via https://mobilerecharge.com
To use MobileRecharge to send airtime to someone in Nigeria, follow these steps:
- On the homepage, choose Nigeria in country menu
- Select your preferred network and click on "Recharge Now"
- Enter phone number and choose Amount
- Click on Continue
- Being the first time, choose New Customer and fill the necessary detail to sign up.
- From the checkout page, choose PayPal as a payment option
- Proceed with the payment and your airtime will send to the stated mobile number within few seconds.
MobileRecharege offers airtime topup from $5.60-$50. The $5.60 is converted to N1,800. Support the 4 major networks in Nigeria (MTN, Etisalat, GLO and Airtel).
3. Ding: Keeping people connected since 2006, help people send top-ups to their loved ones back home. Presently, Ding connects over four billion phones through 400+ operators in more than 130 countries. Top-ups can be sent with their app and online at Ding.com
Ding also supports the 4 major network in Nigeria and has airtime in the $5-$50 range.
4. Overseastopup: offers a unique and professional service that allows sending airtime to over 400 prepaid mobile phone networks all over the world. Like the others in the abroad category, there is the option of sending to many countries including Nigeria. Simply select the country, enter a mobile number, choose the amount and pay.
Simply access the site via https://www.overseastopup.com
Overseastopup supports the 4 major networks in Nigeria and has airtime in the $3.30-$37.25 range.
5. Ezetop: The website was established in Ireland in 2006. It enables people living abroad to send mobile phone top up instantly to family and friends back home in over 130 countries across the world. Top up services are available through www.ezetop.com.
Ezetop also supports the 4 major network in Nigeria and has airtime in the $5-$50 range.