Samsung Unveils Galaxy Fold with 12GB RAM, 512GB ROM, 6 Cameras, 2 Batteries and Wireless Fast Charging
The South Korean company officially announced a foldable smartphone named Samsung Galaxy Fold at its event 'Unpacked 2019' in San Francisco on Wednesday.
It's the first foldable phone with a flexible screen from the world's largest smartphone maker. The device fold in like a book and has two screens. When in its closed smartphone mode, it has a 4.6-inch external screen, but when you fold it out, it turns into a 7.3-inch tablet, thanks to Samsung's own Infinity-Flex display.
Samsung says that it has Samsung's largest-ever smartphone display and added that it has been in development over eight years following the debut of Samsung's first flexible display prototype in 2011.
Samsung Galaxy Fold powered by Snapdragon 855 with 12GB of RAM, triple rear cameras and dual front cameras, similar to the S10+, it also has a 10-megapixel camera for the front cover display.
It has a Multi-Active Window lets you open up to three active apps simultaneously on the main display so you can surf, text, work, watch and share easily.
Ten years after the first Galaxy, we didn't just change the shape of the phone, we changed the shape of tomorrow. #GalaxyFold— Samsung Mobile (@SamsungMobile) February 20, 2019
Learn more: https://t.co/gYYGF4ZvdJ pic.twitter.com/C8s0Jxdhkz
Highlights Specifications of Samsung Galaxy Fold
- Display: 7.3-inch QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED 4.2:3 aspect ratio main display, 4.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED 21:9 aspect ratio cover display
- Chipset: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM+ROM: 12GB RAM, 512GB storage (UFS 2.1)
- Operating System: Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Camera: 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, 12MP Telephoto lens with 45° FoV, f/2.4 aperture, 16MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture with 0.5X/2X optical zoom, up to 10X digital zoom
- 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture, secondary 8MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 90° FoV
- 10MP cover camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Sensor: Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- Network: 5G Sub6 / mmWave (28G, 39G), 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- Battery: 4,380mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging.